- Works online: 3 Total prizes: No prizes won.
- Preferred media: handbuilt ceramic,
- Sculpture styles: abstract, figurative, portraits (human), relief work,
- Sculpture scales: small (0 - 100cm), medium (100 - 200cm),
- Sculpture settings: indoor, outdoor,
- Works to Comission: Yes
- Runs Classes: No
The sculptures I build are based around portraiture, either real identities or fictional personalities. Whether actual or invented, my drive as a sculptor is to capture the anatomy of the form I am working on, whilst describing the underlying character or personality. My style is heavily informed by Classical and Baroque sculpture, which I find are a combination of sheer discipline and alchemy, by the way a lump of wet clay or stone can be transfigured into sensuous flesh or capture the expression of the everyday and endlessly fascinating human face. I work in clay, generally life size bust or torso, which are suited to indoors and the garden and I welcome commissions for portrait works.