- Works online: 4 Total prizes: No prizes won.
- Preferred media: mild steel, painted steel,
- Sculpture styles: abstract, installations,
- Sculpture scales: small (0 - 100cm), medium (100 - 200cm), large (200cm+),
- Sculpture settings: indoor, outdoor,
- Works to Comission: No
- Runs Classes: No
My work is ultimately an exploration of the human condition.
I work with steel water pipe and weld.
I'm currently working with a technique that rejects societies rational boundaries, which are formed and governed by traditional social standard. I believe rational reasoning kills creativity as it does what it knows. The line and forms are constructed like a puzzle from a selection of lengths of randomly bent and cut pipe. The outcome is dictated by the pipe itself more so than the rational thought of the artist. This presents us with a work undirected by conscious thought. A reality different to what I may have chosen. My aim is to capture energy and emotion within form. I leave my welds raw and unpolished, as submitting to perfection losses story and interest.