- Works online: 14 Total prizes: 1
- Preferred media: handbuilt ceramic, raku fired ceramic, mild steel, mixed media,
- Sculpture styles: installations,
- Sculpture scales: small (0 - 100cm), medium (100 - 200cm), large (200cm+),
- Sculpture settings: indoor, outdoor,
- Works to Comission: Yes
- Runs Classes: Yes
I have two streams of work, one being hard edged industrial forms utilizing innovative firing techniques such as oil firing and naked raku to explore and expand the aesthetic boundaries
Both streams of work pivot on developing unique glaze and surface treatment But only one in
collaboration with materials such as steel wood.
The environment and the challenge of balancing of materials to enhance the setting are also explored and constantly being developed. Australian natives play a big part of inspiration for me.
My studio is visited by many native birds, it very enjoyable for me to see a flock of fire tail finches land on my Banksia inspired work or bathe in the bird bath. They are joined by parrots, galah’s and cockatoos.